Friday, August 9, 2013
One comments

Ryan Gallagher Serenaded The Guests @ Blugre MTS

August 8, 2013 - Few days prior to the concert, Mr. Benjie Cuaresma sent a message on Facebook that a foreign artist will perform at Blugre MTS. He asked me if I can blog about the concert and of course, who can't say no to this opportunity? I answered his request and made sure that I'll be at Blugre MTS before 8 P.M.

After our conversation, I was clueless on who's the foreign artist until he posted some photos of this foreign artist and immediately, I found the answer to my question and it's Ryan Gallagher! I searched him on Youtube and his website. I found out that he's a singer and he sang "Time To Say Goodbye" by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocceli. While listening, I was expecting that he'll gonna sing this wonderful song then I went on to my usual stuff until the day of the concert.

After my class, I went straight ahead to MTS. By the time I arrived at Blugre MTS branch, I saw my friend Angel and had a little chat. I told her that I'll be attending Ryan Gallagher's concert. Afterwards, she was also invited to attend the concert too! It means one thing: Both of us will watch the concert! :D


Ryan Gallagher was born in Los Angeles, USA. He started singing when he was 18-19 years old and since then, he auditioned for many plays and sang in different cities such as Nashville, New York, Hollywood, Los Angeles, Reno, Las Vegas, etc. He also had a chance to sing a duet with Jasmine Trias and in Manila, he sang with Lani Misalucha. He sings standard and classical songs and it's not hard for him to switch between standard and classical style of singing.


In the actual concert, there was an opening number performed by Louie. Afterwards, Clancy introduced Ryan Gallagher and sang standard songs that we knew and loved. He sang Mrs. Jones, New York State of Mind, etc. After the standards comes the classical songs which he sang Time To Say Goodbye, Nessun Dorma and You Raise Me Up. He even sang a Tagalog song Kahit Isang Saglit which was popularized by Martin Nievera. This was a night that I'll remember as I was reminiscing the time when I listen to some good music on the bars and coffee shops with my friends. After his solo performance, Louie performed with Ryan playing on guitars and sang few more songs. Ryan capped off the night with a Christian song that made the atmosphere calm and relaxed.

Me with Ryan Gallagher
After the concert, there were lots of picture takings and the bloggers were asked to gather on one table to have a short interview with him. We waited for few minutes before Ryan reached to our table and sat with us. He entertained us a few questions about his singing career and when did he start singing and touring around the world. After the short interview, we had our pictures taken one-by-one.

I would like to thank Mr. Benjie Cuaresma for inviting me and Angel to the concert. It was indeed a night to remember and Ryan sang great! I hope he will have more performances here in Davao, continue to serenade us, share and spread the music around the world. Thanks again!

Here are some of the performances during his concert:

Title: New York State of Mind

Title: Time To Say Goodbye
Thanks for reading guys! I know it's kinda long but I hoped you enjoyed reading and watching the videos! 
Till we meet again! :D

1 comments:

  1. Singing is one of my passion also, Ryan Gallagher voice was so cool. First time I heard him singing and his voice is the same with Michael Buble

    ReplyDelete

 
Toggle Footer
Top