Thursday, October 10, 2013
26 comments

Conduct Us! Will You?

Image from: www.beautyexists.net

October 10, 2013 - Life without music is life without happiness. The reason why I took up Bachelor of Music in UIC (University of Immaculate Conception) is because it's the only course that I can improve and later on, showcase my talent in music. We had to take subjects regarding music especially in the orchestra. Thankfully, my teachers in music taught me well and learned so much that I loved music even more!

When I saw a video from my friend entitled "Conduct Us", I asked myself "What will happen if you're conducting one of the best orchestra?" And it's the Carnegie Orchestra who plays the famous piece from Mozart entitled "Marriage of Figaro".

Just imagine, random people conducting an orchestra, setting their own tempo, dynamics, expression, taking extraordinary measures in the piece, it brings a whole new level of music!

If I were to be asked, I couldn't say no to this even though of course, there are hesitations but because I love music so much and it's my dream to conduct a choir or orchestra, I would love to do it and I don't care people watching me doing my stuff!

Now, here's the video that I want to show you guys and just observe these people conducting an orchestra. I was like smiling from ear to ear watching this video. :D


Video by: Improv Everywhere

How I wish this will happen in my city specifically in People's Park where they'll set up an orchestra and they let us do the conducting, I would step up and give myself a chance to conduct an orchestra!
Imagine a world without music, what would life be? Music is our life, our source of happiness, joy, freedom, and without music, we can't express what we feel. Without music, life would be full of boredom. Music is the language of our soul. 


Keep the music alive!



P.S.
You really have to watch the video before you comment. Thanks! :D


If you want to view another blog entry about this, click the link below:
www.beautyexists.net

26 comments:

  1. How I wish that I pursue a career in music. I love to play piano before when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late! Start now, thank me later..Wehehe! :D

      Delete
  2. Nice to have it in our park Jonas. Hope this will be seen by our City Administration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should I forward this video to the City Administration Pal? Wahehe! :D

      Delete
  3. Music gives so much joy to humankind and it should be given a chance wherever the place may be.
    Having the chance to conduct an orchestra is a chance of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I always imagine myself conducting a choir and I just need more conducting classes and I'm set! :D

      Delete
  4. wow a music major! how did u realize that it should be the course u have to take?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, music is in our blood and it's the course that suits me best. :D

      Delete
  5. This is interesting. I also want to try conducting an orchestra. Anyway, your suggestion is good bringing this to your local park. It's one way to help people appreciate orchestra here, di ba?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! And to make it more fun and interactive, let the random people do the conducting! :D

      Delete
  6. It can be a funny tune if I will be allowed and have the opportunity to conduct an orchestra like what happen in the video. The audience will definitely laugh at me :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just you but just imagine all of us will do the conducting, I would be clueless on what to do since I have to know the song first. If it's familiar to me, I can give a go signal. :D

      Delete
  7. Music does make life a lot more colorful and interesting. It reduces boredom too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! Without music, what would life be? (ABBA lang? haha!)

      Delete
  8. It would be nice to see a community based orchestra in a park or a common area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! And if it happens, I would reserve a front seat and enjoy the sounds of music! :D

      Delete
  9. I love music but music doesn't love me :-(. I can't hit a note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you love music, everything's alright! :D

      Delete
  10. Conducting a music is something challenging than playing a musical instrument. Everyone or every musician pays attention to the conductor who sets the tempo, the expression and everything for the music like its dynamic and expression as I have said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup! The conductor must know the piece overall. :)

      Delete
  11. sounds amazing! i love music as well i've been in the choir before singing second soprano tried playing organ, guitar and drums but totally forgot about them heh though i still sing each and everday! hehe goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, no way, I am more kasi of the listening one. So if ever, tagapalakpak mo na lang ako.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. That's a very nice orchestra. I once dreamed of being part of a group of musicians, having played the piano for so many years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This made me excited..
    Imagine conducting these talented musicians.
    The video says it all, just like I imagine you did, I was also grinning.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh! I so love music but I guess, hindi niya talage ako love. I don't know how to sing nor play the musical instruments! LOl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! (h) I watched the video and they're brilliant. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete

 
Toggle Footer
Top