Friday, October 11, 2013
19 comments

Josh Groban Favorite Songs

Image from: blogs.ajc.com
October 12, 2013 - It was in the year 2003 when I knew about Josh Groban. He is a baritone operatic singer who popularized so many songs such as: You Raise Me Up, To Where You Are, You're Still You and others. I grew up listening to his songs and I love every minute of it! Here are the songs that I love to listen:


To Where You Are
Video by: PhilipCaruso02

When I was a junior in high school, this was one of the songs that I listen and I use to write the lyrics while listening to the song. I would try to make my voice bigger like in an opera and I think it was the reason why my voice matured early. Jump to 1:00 for the song. :D


Broken Vow
Video by: EuFlorinTamas

I also learned this song last 2003 and I was able to hear the female version of this song but I find Josh Groban's version more suitable for my voice and I'm always happy when I can nail the "A" because it means one thing: I can sing this song! But that time, I don't know that this song was about letting go of your loved ones. Ouch!


You're Still You
Video by: Prescillajens

I also love this song especially when the key changes into D from C#. It's where the "Grandioso" feel of the song starts then it slows down when it reaches almost the end part of the song. I'm still trying to learn this song although it is really easy to memorize, I still can't find time to do it.


You Raise Me Up
Video by: Warner Bros. Records 

And how could I ever forget this song! This is one of the popular songs that made me challenged so much! I accepted this one as a challenge since it has one high note which is B Flat at the second change key which is G flat. I always had to try again and again until I can comfortably sing it! Whenever I hear this song, I always think of Josh Groban singing this wonderful masterpiece. And this song has similarity with Danny Boy.

So, that's it! I hope that you love my list of songs and listening to these songs made me feel like a junior high school student whose trying to sing the song in an operatic way though I now have my own style of singing but I think I can still nail the operatic style of singing. It takes lots of guts to do it though. :D


Just keep singing guys!

19 comments:

  1. Raise me up is one of my favourite songs. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the song. I usually aim the highest note and if I'm satisfied, it means I can sing the song! :D

      Delete
  2. I am more of the R&B genre, still hats off ako sa singer na ito. I like his rendition of You Raise Me Up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad loved Josh Groban so much! He would play his songs endlessly. Whenever I hear his songs I miss dad so much. I would like to think he is singing in heaven now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.. I'm sorry.. But nothing to worry, he's in good hands right now. :)

      Delete
  4. I am only familiar with his You Raise me Up :) love that song too and I would surely listen to the others you've included in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like his voice. You Raise Me Up are one of my favorite songs that will surely be for lifetime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is one of my favorite artists as well! I don't like opera that much but I like his songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love his unique voice and his songs that can speak to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find Josh Groban as a very talented man. His voice never fails to amuse me. I love listening to his songs and the 3 titles you mentioned above are my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He indeed have great songs and his music are just.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the songs of Josh Groban especially Broken Vow and You Raise Me Up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my. Just heard of him and I think I'm in love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehehehe! He has a lovely and powerful voice. I wonder where he is right now? I haven't seen him on telly nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really love Josh Groban and I also tried to imitate his voice when I was younger. however, i'am not blessed with "voice" so I always ended having my own concert at the CR!

    ReplyDelete

 
Toggle Footer
Top