Monday, July 14, 2014
12 comments

Yiruma: Why Is He My Favorite?

Image from: www.yiruma.manifo.com
July 14, 2014 - When I was studying piano at UIC, we were taught to play classical, romantic, baroque and 20th century pieces. But of course, we bring our own pieces and play them in a vacant room where the piano is ready to be played. In my case, I love playing not the fast ones but the slow ones that can-make-you-cry-silently piano pieces. In short: Mellow.

Why Yiruma? Well, in general, I love Asian pieces and the way it's composed and played. They have this melody that can touch my heart right ahead. When I strike one note in the piano, I already know that I'll be playing a beautiful piece. Right after, I get teary-eyed while playing. Yup! I can feel it! It's not a joke people. :D

Now, why Yiruma again? Most of his songs are just so soothing and pleasing to my ears that I could just isolate myself, bring the laptop and earphones with me then just have a quality time with myself listening to Yiruma's pieces. If there's one song that can bring tears to my eyes is "Kiss The Rain". I know most of you heard this song on YouTube and cried. Guess what, it's the song that I'll post in this entry! :D

BUT, if this is your first time to hear this song, let me say, prepare a hanky on your hands because you'll never notice the tears running from your eyes and just be touched with this beautiful song. The best time to play this song: When everything seems to be quiet and you're on your own. The perfect time to hear this song: When it's actually raining outside your home. But if it's not raining, just imagine the beautiful sounds of the rain. Now, I present to you, Yiruma's one of the best songs, "Kiss The Rain". (Please listen to the song before making a comment. Thanks!)


Video link: click here

Thanks for listening guys! I hope that you enjoyed the song. How's your eyes? Are the tears still running? Well, it is really a beautiful piano piece that I've heard and if you want to hear more of Yiruma, just search them on YouTube. It's not hard to find. Before I forget, I'm learning "Time Forgets" and I love playing "May Be". :D



Keep on listening good music!

12 comments:

  1. This is my favorite among his pieces since grade six! This piece is heart breaking and you could feel it through his choice of notes. It would make your mind wander through the depths of his piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I applaud the talent there. :) I had also learned playing the piano as a child. Right now I don't have the time and patience to continue but am just inspired listening to piano musical songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder why toy liked him that much, known everything by reading this article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my frustration as a kid to play any musical instrument, but I remember being fascinated with the piano. How I wish I can play it. I liked the song, listening to it brought a few tears in my eyes. It's a perfect song when you're pondering about life alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my frustration as a kid to play any musical instrument, but I remember being fascinated with the piano. How I wish I can play it. I liked the song, listening to it brought a few tears in my eyes. It's a perfect song when you're pondering about life alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The music is really very relaxing and really light on the ears. It keeps me focused and really insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I understand why you feel that way. I do not know him until today. I'll probably listen to his other songs when I am in the mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed! a beautiful song :-) please pass some tissues to keep my eyes dry :-) You made my night with that beautiful master piece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has a very soothing tone to it, would love to listen to this during bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That exact song is my favorite! I was surprised to find it in my iPod but I listen to it everytime I wanted to sleep soundly :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice tune and very well played. My daughter loves piano and Japan. She will love this. Thank you for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  12. not exactly my favorite but i love listening to it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Toggle Footer
Top